Online counselling in the UK
You can access our online Counselling sessions with a qualified accredited counsellor, anywhere in the UK through a free initial 30-minute consultation, where you will discuss your problems and thoughts, and see if you will work well with the counsellor. Read on to learn more about our online counselling UK service.
Counselling with Peter Saunders BSc MNCS Accred
Peter has been a qualified counsellor for over 20 years. He received his first qualification in 2022 at Hackney Community College, where he completed a professional development Diploma in Counselling. In 2009 he completed a degree in Integrative Counselling at Roehampton University.
Peter has studied a range of counselling and psychotherapy theories developing his skills and broadening his understanding of human behaviour and how we live in the world. As an integrative counsellor, he believes that there isn't just one therapeutic approach that can help a person understand their internal world.
Peter considers the past and present to help you recognise patterns and themes that may be causing you distress or discomfort. Peter will consider your circumstances as unique to you and use elements of different therapeutic approaches to help you explore and understand your presenting issues.
experience and specialisms
As a professional counsellor, Peter has worked with both children and adults from a range of diverse backgrounds and in a range of settings. He has a private practice providing one-to-one online Counselling.
Peter has a good understanding of LGBTQIA+ culture and of some of the issues that people within the community experience, including isolation, self-identity, discrimination, gay parenting (gay dads), violence and abuse, internalised homophobia, and substance abuse.
Peter has also supported clients with issues including, anxiety, depression, loneliness, shyness, bullying, anger, relationship issues, trauma, and male survivors.
A range of counselling techniques
Peter Explains, I consider myself a spiritual person and see the benefits of using a range of techniques to improve self-understanding. I recognise the power of meditation, mantras, and affirmations and how they can support change. I understand that traumatic events in our childhood may be connected to the problems we have today. I also believe that we all have the potential to make significant changes to our lives as long as we want to.
I have received my own personal therapy/counselling, so I understand how hard it can be to build a trusting relationship with a stranger. I have also experienced the benefits of trusting someone with the things I have felt ashamed, and scared of, and found difficult to talk about with my family and friends. My therapy journey has helped me to understand myself and my place in the world.
In my counselling practice, I aim to provide a safe and confidential space to enable you to feel heard, accepted and understood.
How it works
Peter is currently offering online counselling only. The period is not fixed, and we will have regular reviews to check how you are feeling about the work we are doing.
During the free 30-minute consultation, we would discuss the areas that you would like support with. If we both feel happy to proceed, we will agree on a day and time to meet. Peter will fully explain the process. and will email you a therapeutic contract to sign and return before our first session. You will receive a link before our session to a private room to log onto at the agreed time. We will then have our session for the agreed 50 minutes.
If you are interested in using this service, please get in touch to arrange a 30-minute online consultation.
Peter is an accredited member of the National Counselling Psychotherapy Society and follows their ethical standards. he is on an Accredited Register that the Professional Standards Authority has accredited'.
The Accredited Register programme was set up by the Government to improve standards and safety for the benefit of the public. Accreditation shows that I am committed to high professional standards, to enhance safety and deliver a better service.
The general rate is £60 per 50-minute session, although we have a flexible rate policy, starting from £40 depending on your financial situation. This can be discussed during the free 30-minute online consultation and reviewed at any time.
block booking of 6 week £300 or 12 weeks £500
For students training to be counsellors looking for counselling to meet the requirements of their training course, We offer a substantially reduced flat rate of £35 per 50-minute session. although we have limited capacity.
This is an alternative therapy that involves tapping on specific points in the body while focusing on a particular issue or emotion. This technique is based on the principles of acupuncture and psychology, and it is believed to help release emotional blockages and promote well-being.
Here are some ways in which tapping can be good for wellbeing in alternative therapy:
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Tapping is effective in reducing stress and anxiety by helping to regulate the body's stress response system.
- Managing pain: Tapping has been used to manage both physical and emotional pain by helping to release tension in the body and promoting relaxation.
- Improving sleep: Tapping has been shown to be effective in improving sleep quality by reducing stress and promoting relaxation.
- Boosting self-esteem: Tapping can be used to address negative self-talk and limiting beliefs, which can help to boost self-esteem and confidence.
- Promoting emotional balance: Tapping can help to release and process difficult emotions, promoting emotional balance and wellbeing.
Overall, tapping can be a powerful tool for promoting wellbeing by helping to release emotional blockages and promote relaxation and balance in the body and mind. It is important to note, however, that tapping should be used as a complementary therapy and should not replace professional medical advice or treatment.
We will update the website and social media when this service is available in Walthamstow
This highly beneficial therapy involves inducing a trance-like state in which the individual becomes highly responsive to suggestions. Here are some of the potential benefits of hypnosis:
- Reduced anxiety and stress: Hypnosis can help to induce a state of deep relaxation, which can be helpful in reducing anxiety and stress levels.
- Improved sleep: Hypnosis can be used to help improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing racing thoughts.
- Pain management: Hypnosis has been shown to be effective in managing chronic pain, particularly in conditions such as fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Smoking cessation: Hypnosis can be an effective tool for smoking cessation by helping to change patterns of behaviour and reduce cravings.
- Weight loss: Hypnosis can be used as a complementary therapy to support weight loss efforts by addressing underlying psychological factors that may contribute to overeating.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence: Hypnosis can be used to address negative self-talk and limiting beliefs, helping to improve self-esteem and confidence.
It is important to note that while hypnosis can be an effective therapeutic technique, it is not a cure-all and should be used as a complementary therapy alongside other treatments recommended by a healthcare professional. Additionally, it is important to seek out a qualified and licensed hypnotherapist for hypnosis sessions.
We will update the website and social media when this service is available in Walthamstow.