This is a traditional Chinese moving meditation that involves slow, flowing movements and deep breathing.
Here are some of the benefits of tai chi:
- Improved balance and coordination: Tai chi involves a series of slow, controlled movements that can help to improve balance and coordination, particularly in older adults.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Tai chi incorporates deep breathing and relaxation techniques, which can help to reduce stress and anxiety and promote a sense of calm.
- Increased flexibility and strength: The gentle movements of tai chi can help to improve flexibility and strength, particularly in the lower body.
- Better cardiovascular health: Some studies have shown that tai chi can be effective in improving cardiovascular health by reducing blood pressure and improving circulation.
- Reduced risk of falls: Due to its emphasis on balance and coordination, tai chi has been shown to be effective in reducing the risk of falls, particularly in older adults.
- Improved immune function: Some studies have suggested that tai chi can boost immune function and reduce inflammation in the body.
Overall, tai chi can be a gentle yet effective way to improve physical and mental health, promote relaxation, and reduce the risk of certain health conditions. It is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels and can be practiced both indoors and outdoors.
We will update the website and social media when this service is available in Walthamstow